The 2020 COVID pandemic has taught us organizations need agility. Now more than ever, they require the ability to adapt and pivot to unforeseen events, and the flexible work systems to execute under atypical circumstances, such as remote environments. One of the best methodologies to achieve agility in your organization is Agile Methodologies.
Why are Agile Methods Important to Teams?
Agile methods were designed at the advent of the computer, when there was a need for flexible, yet powerful work methods to ensure both effective team alignment and quick innovation. That is why the Agile Methodologies are so pertinent to today’s environment, for their very design empowers work teams to embrace any challenge and meet the demands of innovation development. Below we will elaborate on the key advantages of an agile team, and how these benefits lead to improved morale, teamwork, productivity, and outcome quality and quantity:
- Increased Visibility: At the heart of agile methods is team member cooperation and contribution validation. The transparency of each member’s work to the task/project is what drives team innovation and success.
- Heightened Communication: Constant team member interaction is what makes these methodologies so effective. Since communication is one of the main priorities of these methods, no matter the internal and external envriomental changes, the team is always aligned and aware of member and team tasks.
- Shared Project Vision: A coordinated and common vision is critical to the success of the agile team, especially in a remote environment. This is made possible through constant and fluid communication between team members about the tasks required and its objectives. Agile methodologies recommends using visualization aids, such as "sticky note" features to make sure ideas are clear and relevant to the whole team.
- Clarity in Rules and Processes: The establishment of rules for project development is also essential. Yes, agile methods are flexible, but to successfully execute a project, the team must have basic work parameters with schedules, deadlines, and task control. This will enhance a visual project framework and lay out the key project objectives, and in turn ensure team vision.
The advantages of using Agile Methodologies are clear, they are highly effective both in-person and online, making it one of the most flexible and effective work methods. In times like ours, this is critical for the continuity of work under uncertain circumstances, as well for the success and future of the organization.
COBIS, as a technology leader, not only uses Agile Methodologies, but our years in the financial sector have allowed us to design our own agile philosophy, Financial Agility. This is an agile mindset designed specifically for financial organizations, with the goal of empowerment through personalized agile workflows and tailored technology solutions, to enable an organization’s transformation, as well as that of their customers. To learn more about our offerings, we invite you to visit our website: www.cobiscorp.com
Looking to learn more about agility in financial services? Here are two articles that will interest you:
- The Cloud is a Key Element in Financial Agility
- Why Agile Methodologies are Crucial to Digital Transformation